This past weekend, the specialty coffee industry gathered in Boston, MA for the annual Specialty Coffee Association of America Conference and Exhibition. “The Event” welcomed thousands of international coffee professionals from more than 75 countries to focus on specialty coffee, sustaining the industry and farmer’s livelihoods, and the latest and most innovative trends and products in the coffee marketplace.
At the same time, runners from all around the world converged on Boston for today’s Boston Marathon. I did not bring my running shoes, but I did bring an appetite for coffee.
So in honor of the Boston Marathon, I bring to you my Marathon of Coffee – 26.2 coffees I tasted while at the SCAA Exhibition. I have included links on nearly every coffee, although some are not currently available.
16. La Colombe Coffee, Rouge (all organic espresso blend)
20. Café El Salvador, Cacahuatique
22. Ecuador Coffee Association, Café Rio Intag
25. Nicaragua Nueva Segovia (Farm Buenos Aires)
(You can purchase it here)
26. Counting Sheep Coffee (Yes, after all that coffee, I needed some help to get to sleep)
26.2 The coffee in my hotel to get me going as I headed to the airport for an early morning flight – I put it in my Keep Cup.